Ottawa, ON â€“ December 21, 2010 â€“ The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) today released its REALTOR.ca app for the AppleÂ® iPhoneÂ®. REALTOR.ca is the most visited real estate website in Canada, listing on average some 350,000 properties at any time.
â€œThis free application brings Apple iPhone users the features and functionality of the REALTOR.ca website, as well as some interesting device-specific featuresâ€ said CREA president Georges Pahud. â€œConsumers today expect portable information and REALTORSÂ® across Canada are happy to be providing this service.â€
The free REALTOR.ca app is provided at no cost to consumers by Canadaâ€™s 100,000 REALTORSÂ® and more than 100 real estate Boards and Associations.
The app provides users with the features and functionality of REALTOR.ca and takes advantage of Apple iPhone device features, such as:
- Using the handheldâ€™s GPS technology:
- Properties Near Me – get up-to-date property information, photos and driving directions;
- New Listings Near Me â€“ recent listings in the area youâ€™re visiting;
- Open Houses Near Me â€“ find open houses near your present location;
- My Agent â€“ Contact either your agent(s), or the listing agent for more information about a specific property;
- Property Search – Search for houses and properties across Canada, and connect with REALTORSÂ® to view, buy or sell a property;
- Personalized settings allowing the user to set default language, unit of measure, how properties are displayed, and search radius for â€œNear Meâ€ searches;
- Interactive BING mapping is embedded to allow focus on specific neighbourhoods; Â
- Scheduled Open Houses can be added to the deviceâ€™s calendar.
â€œWhen considering one of lifeâ€™s biggest financial transactions, easily accessible, detailed information about homes and neighbourhoods, as well as access to REALTORSÂ®, helps people make well-informed decisionsâ€ stated Pahud.
With the addition of the Apple iPhone app, REALTOR.ca is now available for two of the most popular handheld device operating systems, as the Windows Phone 7Â® version was released in November. A BlackBerry app will be released in February 2011.
A setup guide has been posted online at www.crea.ca.
CREA is one of Canadaâ€™s largest single-industry trade associations, representing more than 100,000 REALTORSÂ® working through more than 100 real estate Boards and Associations. CREA owns and operates the REALTOR.ca website, Canadaâ€™s most visited real estate resource for property buyers and sellers.Â Â